Capital Growth Buchalter (CGB) is looking to hire an experienced land development manager to help support the development program that is in place in our newly formed Atlanta office. The ideal candidate is a proven performer who will work with seasoned Atlanta team development executives ensure site diligence, land development planning, and construction coordination are thoroughly assessed for new development opportunities.
- Possess the research skills required to collect and analyze market information and able to prepare, present and discuss research to facilitate good decisions
- Create reports, budgets, presentations, and correspondence to be used and presented during the land development process.
- Direct and manage contractors and third-party consultants throughout the diligence and land development process
- Interact with jurisdictional and municipal authorities to collect and ensure due diligence information is accurate
- Facilitate the flow of project information with internal and external parties including CGB’s engineering team, CGB’s construction team, third-party consultants, land development contractors, principals, and jurisdictional authorities
- Organize and oversee the creation of preliminary land development budgets and schedules
- Able to travel to and work prospective new markets within the state of Georgia and surrounding states
- Create development timelines and budgets for prospective project and ensure timely documented approval by all stakeholders including the operations, finance, legal and executive teams.
- Proficiency with MS Office including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- 4-6 years of work experience in construction project management with regional and national restaurant and retail client.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Real Estate, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field, however, not a requirement
- Experience with local municipality functions, permitting processes and general land due diligence
- Understanding of common land development due diligence items including sewer & stormwater management systems, utilities, reciprocal easement agreements, topography, wetlands, environmental concerns etc.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once, to prioritize and manage time effectively, be flexible with the ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills are essential
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
Candidates can contact Robert Boroff or Mitch Holden to apply and receive consideration for this opening. A full position profile can be downloaded here.
About Capital Growth Buchalter
Capital Growth Buchalter is a construction, development, investment and management firm with more than 69 consecutive years developing real estate. The firm has developed more than 1,400 projects and $1.8 billion of real estate in 28 states. Over the past three years, CGB has completed an average of 90 projects per year, ranging from one to three tenant developments to more complex, opportunistic mixed-use developments. It has also partnered with a single entity to complete hundreds of projects over several decades. The company is headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, with offices in Atlanta and Charlotte, and prioritizes serving as a trusted ally in every business relationship, whether as a turnkey ground-up developer or by strengthening an existing project or partnership.