General Purpose of the Job:
- To support the CFO and Senior Accountant in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance / Accounting Department.
- To relieve the CFO and Senior Accountant of certain responsibilities that will allow them to spend a greater portion of their time on Financial Statement preparation and analysis, Budget and Variance issues, and Forecasting.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules on the FAS Software System; provide monthly detail to the Senior Accountant for General Journal entries; insure proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
- Maintain Purchase Order Processing system.
- Manage employee credit card applications and charges.
- Process Accounts Payable paperwork at completion of the check run.
- Prepare mailings and priority shipments for the Finance/Accounting Department.
- Prepare labels and maintain files as needed within the department.
- Prepare correspondence as needed within the department.
- Assist Senior Accountant with payroll system and payroll related items.
- Assist CFO with 401(k) system.
- Manage petty cash account.
- Assist the CFO in tracking and maintaining company insurance policies (except Employee Benefits, which are maintained by the HR Department).
- Assist the CFO with facility support and security issues.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice – by the CFO or Senior Accountant.
Skills and Abilities:
- A Bachelors degree in accounting, or a Bachelors degree in business with emphasis in accounting, is required.
- Degree(s) must be from a credible college or university
- Course work in job costing is recommended.
- Must be a perfectionist by nature, with no tolerance for financial sloppiness.
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets.
- Must be skilled in use of MS Word and must be a very good writer in order to handle the occasional administrative needs of the department.
- Must have very good verbal skills.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in accounting is required.